THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Regulation (EU) 2020/1042 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 July 2020 laying down temporary measures concerning the time limits for the collection, the verification and the examination stages provided for in Regulation (EU) 2019/788 on the European citizens’ initiative in view of the COVID-19 outbreak1, and in particular Article 2(2) thereof,
- For reasoning see eci-extension2022-C(2021)3879_EN
For those reasons, it can be concluded that the conditions for granting an extension of the collection periods are fulfilled in respect of 5 initiatives for which the collection period was ongoing on 1 May 2021. Those collection periods should therefore be extended by three months.
The new end dates of the collection periods for the following initiatives shall be as follows:
- the initiative entitled ‘VOTERS WITHOUT BORDERS, Full Political Rights for EU Citizens’: 11 June 2022;
- the initiative entitled ‘Start Unconditional Basic Incomes (UBI) throughout the EU’: 25 June 2022;
- the initiative entitled ‘Libertà di condividere’: 1 August 2022;
- the initiative entitled ‘Right to Cure’: 1 August 2022;
- the initiative entitled ‘Civil society initiative for a ban on biometric mass surveillance practices’: 1 August 2022;
- the initiative entitled ‘Green Garden Roof Tops’: 1 August 2022.